[netCDF #LCF-182699]: Error when trying to configure netcdf-fortran 4.4.4 in MacOS Sierra

Hello,

Thanks for sending the config.log file.  Looking at it, I see the following:

````
configure:21441: ./conftest
dyld: Library not loaded: /usr/local/netcdf/4.4.1.1/lib/libnetcdf.11.dylib
  Referenced from: /Users/a5383/temp/netcdf-fortran-4.4.4/./conftest
  Reason: image not found
./configure: line 1874: 98531 Abort trap: 6           ./conftest$ac_exeext
configure:21441: $? = 134
````

This tells me that your system does not know where to find the dynamic (shared)
library.  You will need to specify this by setting the environmental variable
"DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH" (and/or LD_LIBRARY_PATH, I have found the behavior on my
own OSX machine inconsistent) e.g.

    $ export DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/netcdf/4.4.1.1/lib

I hope this helps! If setting DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH doesn't work, try setting
LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

Have a great day,

-Ward

> Dear support lists:
>
> I am trying to compile netcdf-fortran 4.4.4 in a Mac OS Sierra system in
> order to run ROMS oceanic model locally. I managed to compile netCDF-c
> 4.4.1.1 without problems and it’s been working OK. But when trying to
> configure the fortran libraries with the following instructions:
>
> cd netcdf-fortran-4.4.4
>
> NCDIR=/usr/local/netcdf
>
> FC=gfortran
>
> NFDIR=/usr/local/netcdf/fortran
>
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH=${NCDIR}/lib
>
> CPPFLAGS=-I${NCDIR}/include LDFLAGS=-L${NCDIR}/lib \
>
> ./configure --prefix=${NFDIR}
>
> make
>
> make check
>
> sudo make install
>
> I keep getting the following error:
>
> checking size of off_t... configure: error: in
> `/Users/a5383/temp/netcdf-fortran-4.4.4':
>
> configure: error: cannot compute sizeof (off_t)

> ---
> Marcos Antonio Carvajalino Fernández, M.Sc.
> Ph.D. Candidate - Stipendiat
> Oceanography and Climate Research Group
> Institute for Marine Research (Havforskningsinstituttet)
> P.O. Box 1870 Nordnes, 5817 Bergen
> Phone: +4915736671587
> Bergen, Norway

Ticket ID: LCF-182699