19990216: mounting data

>From: Anthony Rockwood - MSCD Meteorology <address@hidden>

Tony-

>Thanks.  I wasn't able to move the NWX window up enough on mclap to
>actually see the 'previous' button.  On the others, it works fine.

Okay.

>I've looked in the var/logs/messages file and I can't see any errors that
>look like they relate.  I can see that it tries to mount before the
>network is connected, so something must be running in the wrong order.
>Mclap is online if you happen to have a minute to look at it.

Boy I tried every letter, but l for the password.  Guess l for laptop
makes sense.

I don't see what is causing the problem.  However, I ran the runlevel
editor from control-panel and added an entry to start the nfsfs at
runlevel 3.  This is how it is set up on winfo2.  I don't think that
will solve your problem, but reboot mclap and see what happens.  If
it works, fine.  If not, then:

1) edit the file /etc/rc.d/rc.local

2) At the very end (after the line fi), put in the line to mount the filesystem:

mount /var/data/ldm

(or whatever you were using to mount the partition).

Then see if that works.  This is the script that gets run after all the
others.

Don Murray

From:      Anthony Rockwood - MSCD Meteorology <address@hidden>
Date:      Tue, 16 Feb 1999 15:45:55 -0700

Yea, it works !  editing the etc/rc.d/rc.local that is.  The system level
tool never did work, but this does.

Thanks