19990219: mclap mount problem

>From: Anthony Rockwood - MSCD Meteorology <address@hidden>

Tony-

>I remember Mike saying that everything at runlevels prior to 5 should get
>run, but they don't - not on Linux anyway.  I think if it's set to a
>certain runlevel, that's the only list it uses.  And, I figured I couldn't
>hurt much by changing the default position to see what happens.  I do get
>a lot of really wierd messages as it boots up, but nothing fatal - and it
>works.  I've already removed the mount statement from the rc.local file.

I just talked to Sandy and Mike, and Linux does only run the processes
set for the default runlevel.  Mike had been under the impression that
it worked like Solaris, but it doesn't.  So, your solution should be
valid.  You do need to make sure that the pcmcia is started before the
networking and nfs.  I didn't see any errors in the messages file
so I'm not sure what you are seeing.  If things are working, I wouldn't
worry about it for now.

Don