19990830: wxbox setup

>From: Anthony Rockwood - MSCD Meteorology <address@hidden>

Tony-

>I don't know what to say --

Thanks is fine.  That's what we're here for.

>This seems like such a huge job that 1) I could never have done it and 2)
>it seems impossible for you to do it for every site that needs help.  It
>seems as though something needs to change.  You are really the only one
>who understands the scope of the problem since you get it from both sides
>and the burden falls on you.  When (if) you get a moment to breath, I'd
>like to get your feelings on ways to improve the system.  I've got some
>ideas of my own, but they are from a fairly narrow perspective.

I would like to hear from you on:

1) What was missing from the documentation that caused you problems.
2) How we can make the installation and configuration easier.

I think your input is valuable in our effort to support the smaller
schools with less technical expertise available.  We have not changed
our support policy for the smaller schools who were using OS/2 before
but now have to tackle Unix.  We helped them deal with OS/2 and we'll
help them deal with Unix.  However, that may mean some improvements
to our documentation and we'd welcome input for those who have been
"through the wringer".

>All I can continue to say is thanks and, whether the students appreciate
>it or not, they wouldn't have access to this system without your help.

Glad I was able to help.

Don