19991006: System Commander

>From: Craig Motell <address@hidden>

Craig,

>I am getting ready to use LINUX. I wanted to use
>Windows on LInux on the same machine.

I assume that you mean Windows AND Linux.  For this, you will need to
take advantage of the boot manager of either Linux or Windows (I am
familiar with NT, not 95/98) or you can use a very nice package
called System Commander.  If you are interested, I now support McIDAS-X
on RedHat Linux 6.0 (the latest release).

>You mentioned some operating system manager that was good
>at that (at least that is what I thought),

Right.

>can you give me the name.

System Commander
http://www.v-com.com           (never would have guessed this one, huh!)