Re: 20000913: solaris 8 at stc (cont.)

Alan,

I don't think I've seen a worse disk layout come by default!  You're right
about unmounting /space, but it won't show up as unallocated, you'd have to
reallocate it yourself.  I use the format/partition subcommand to do this,
but there may be a GUI tool too (what did the documentation suggeest)?

I'd suggest a radical reallocation that would result in changing all
the partitions as they exist now.  How many machines would this need to
be done on?  If that seems unsurmountable, there is a good fallback
plan, but it wastes about 1GB of disk space?  What else to you plan
on being local to these systems (home directories, data, ...)

mike