20010917: Input on software future, hardware upgrades (cont.)

>From: "Arthur A. Person" <address@hidden>

Art,

In an earlier email, you said:

>Chiz had
>mentioned to me that there was a way to use less colors but I don't recall
>a reference on how to do it.  Can someone forward me specific settings to
tweak or a reference on it?  I have a bunch of dual boot PC's now that
>have RH 7.1 but we can't use garp on them.  If I can make them work at
>all, that would at least alleviate part of the dilemma.

I talked with Chiz about this and he recalled sending you an email about
this earlier.  To find the email, I went to the GEMPAK homepage and
then selected the Search action from the menu at the top.  I used
'linux_kde' as the search key and got back 4 emails that Chiz had sent
out, one of which was to you.  In that email Chiz referenced a GIF (tm)
image of the KDE interface that you would go through to configure
the number of colors in KDE.  The URL for the GIF is:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/gempak/tutorial/gifs/linux_kde1.gif

I hope that this helps.

Tom

>From address@hidden Tue Sep 18 08:52:25 2001
>Subject: Re: 20010917: Input on software future, hardware upgrades (cont.)

Tom,

re: I hope that this helps.

It does.  Don't know why I missed that... maybe I didn't like the gray
icon solution at the time but that's better than nothing.

                                 Thanks again...

                                      Art.
Arthur A. Person
Research Assistant, System Administrator
Penn State Department of Meteorology
email:  address@hidden, phone:  814-863-1563