20021030: TCP/IP for OS/2 v2.11

>From:  "Shaun Weigand" <address@hidden>

Shaun,

Sorry I didn't reply to this when it first came in.

Most help requests go to our Support mailbox, address@hidden.

>I got your name/address while searching for information on this subject.
>It seems that you have a great deal of knowledge/experience in this area.
>Please help me if you can, or at least point me in the right direction.

If I can help, I will.

>I have a single OS/2 machine (v 2.11) that runs a dial-up application.  I have
>the PC connected to my network using NetWare v 4.x. using IPX mainly for a
>printing application.  We are going to all TCP/IP and getting away from IPX
>completely and don't want to upgrade the Novell Server to v 5.x to handle this.
>I need to figure out how to get the PC to use TCP/IP instead to connect to
>our other networks.

We used the PC/TCP product from FTP Software on our OS/2 machines, but
we havn't operated any of those boxes in several years.  PC/TCP was easy
to install and configure, and it integrated into our almost all Unix
network nicely.

>If you could offer any help/suggestions it would be most appreciated.  If you
>don't want to, I understand, just simply reply as such and I'll look elsewhere.

Well, it isn't a question of not wanting to help out, it is just that our
body of OS/2 expertise has diminished considerably since we stopped using
that OS.

>Thank you,

Sorry I can't be of more help.