[Platforms #KPZ-684939]: adopted linux version

Hi Waldenio,

re:
> Some time ago the unidata adopted the fedora as the "official" linux
> distribution for use and support.

Yes, for the most part we use Fedora distributions of Linux in-house.  This
situation has changed a little to incorporate use of CentOS for our AWIPS-II
testing/early use.

re:
> Fedora still is the preferred version or it is changed to CentOS ?

CentOS is OK, and many in the Unidata community are moving to it.  We
are happy with this situation because:

- CentOS _is_ the free version of Redhat Enterprise
- Fedora is the development branch of RedHat Enterprise

So, if you are looking for our blessing of CentOS, you have it!

Ticket ID: KPZ-684939
Department: Support Platforms