Re: 20020416: LDM dropping some suominet data

Teresa,

The way the LDM is designed is to try and keep current.

So, if all sites are reporting (ingesting) data at :05 after the hour, all
on the gpssrc (AFOS) feedtype, the LDM will begin looking for data after
the time the last successful gpssrc feed came in. So unless ALL sites
failed to transmit, the LDM is assuming it has gpssrc data from that time
and looks into the time ahead for products. A fix would be to assign each
site a feedtype, but we do not have that many. Another option is to
determine what site (s) are problematic with network connections and have
them either ingest at different times, or use other transfer protocols
(SCP,FTP, etc) and not let the LDM get spoofed into thinking it has the
data.

If the downed site was the only one feeding gpssrc, the -o -m flags would
work and allow you to get the older products..

Are we seeing certain problematic sites?

Is there any periodicity?

Thanks,

-Jeff