Re: 20050414: IDV - Error reading GRIB file

On Tue, 10 May 2005, Dave Santek wrote:

> Hi Robb,
>
> Don got back to me with this:
>
> "Thanks for the report. We'll look into this and get back to you.
> It's great to have users fully exercise the GRIB stuff in ways that
> we don't normally do this. "
>
> but, I haven't heard from him since [at least I don't have a record of it].
>
> I put the file back at:
>
> ftp://ftp.ssec.wisc.edu/pub/incoming/grib.test

i got the file and ran some test on it. the problem was record 43 was
somewhat corrupt, length was wrong in the PDS section of the file. this
cause my code to barf, so i added a check for the length of the PDS
section and to skip that record if it didn't match amount of data read.
next release you should be able to read these type of files.

could you point me to the utility that you used to split the file into
individual records? is this utility widely used?

robb...