Re: 20050513: Reading GRIB with the netCDF Library 2.2.08 (fwd)

On Fri, 13 May 2005, Unidata Support wrote:

> Date: Thu, 12 May 2005 17:45:01 -0600
> From: Alberto Aguirre <address@hidden>
> To: address@hidden
> Subject: Reading GRIB with the netCDF Library 2.2.08
>

> Hi:
>
> On the webpage it says that the current version of the netcdf library
> can read grib files.
>
> I can't find any documentation on how to do so. I see there is a
> grib.jar file in the /lib folder for the complete zip file distribution.
>
> Any pointers on how to use the grib.jar package?
>
> Thanks for any help you can offer.

hi,

the source code is still in beta development so any bugs that you find
would be helpfull to me to know about. there are some extra files in
the tar, don't be concerned about them. the code is GribJava.tar.gz and it
is located at:

% ftp www.unidata.ucar.edu
% cd pub/decoders
% get GribJava.tar.gz

in the top dir there is a run file with examples on how to run the grib
decoders programs. the getData needs to get the offset, ... other
parameters from the index to get the data. there's a IndexFormat.txt file
with a explanation of the index format. these are the routine that nj22
uses in it formulation of netcdf file.

robb...