Re: 20050701: THREDDS Data Server release plans

Rob,

you expressed interest in installing the Thredds Data Server for the idd
datasets. we are not at the point of distributing the TDS yet as we are
working on testing, documentation, etc.  we are working on TDS
configurations too, actually it's the directory structure of the data.
could you send an outline of your data dirs and if possible the pqact.conf
file for the ldm. what we are doing is looking for
some standard data dir patterns. also could you comment on how your
data dir structure was built? now here's a big question, would you be
willing to change your data dir structure if there was some benefit of
receiving more information about the data  and easier configurations?

changing hats, for the TDS installation it needs the installation of
tomcat 5.0.28  on the same machine. would you be willing to
install tomcat?

currently, there are alpha docs at:

http://motherlode.ucar.edu:8088/thredds/docs

we are interested in your comments.