notifying thredds of a change to configuration on disk

Hi all,

I have written some code which gets triggered when we do an insertion
into our database. It inserts a record into the catalogConfig.xml file.

This basically works, with one problem. Unless I restart tomcat, the
change isn't picked up. Or, to be more accurate, the new entry appears
immediately in the catalog web page, but if I click on "DDS", I get a
"not found in catalog" error.

It looks like the server isn't fully picking up the change on disk.

Is there some way I can get this behaviour to happen from inside a shell
script (python, actually) in order to properly re-load the catalog?

Cheers,
-T