Re: wrestling with new server

Hi Tennessee,

Tennessee Leeuwenburg wrote:

Hi John,

Upgraded to the new version. Discovered the debug facilities won't work without SSL. *then* I discovered that I couldn't set up the certificate.

I get "java.io.IOException: Algorithm SunX509 not available"! I am concerned that for some reason the RSA algorithm isn't available on IBM's implementation of the JRE.

Though this isn't a java.security.NoSuchAlgorithmException, could you check to see that a JSSE JAR file is available to your JRE? Perhaps in $JAVA_HOME/lib or $JAVA_HOME/lib/ext. I have a jsse.jar in my Sun JRE but for the IBM JRE I think it might be ibmjsse.jar.

This box is for internal use only, and we don't require any security at this stage. Is it possible to turn it off?

I don't think there is a way to turn this off for the 3.2 release. John will be back in the office on Monday and will have a more difinitive answer.

Ethan

Cheers,
-T

--
Ethan R. Davis                                Telephone: (303) 497-8155
Software Engineer                             Fax:       (303) 497-8690