20060111: IDV multiple points error when accessing new thredds catalog

>From: "David Fitzgerald" <address@hidden>

Hi Dave-

>I'm not sure if this is a Thredds or IDV problem.  I just did my first
>install of tomcat and thredds as per the Getting Started instructions.
>When I use a web browser to look at the default catalog
>(http://twister.millersville.edu:8080/thredds/catalog.html) it works ok.
>However when I try to use IDV to look open the catalog
>http://twister.millersville.edu:8080/thredds/catalog.xml, I get this
>error:
>
>An error has occurred: Creating
>ui:http://twister.millersville.edu:8080/thredds/catalog.xml
> multiple points

The problem is that the 1.2 version of IDV cannot access the
new versions of THREDDS catalogs.  The multiple points come
from the version of the catalog being 1.0.1 and we were
parsing it as a number and it can't have 2 decimal points.
Unfortunately, the IDV and THREDDS releases were out of sync
and this problem was not found until after the IDV release.

You can either:

- use IDV 1.3b1 (recommended)
- download the idv.jar from:

ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/idv/IDV1.2/idv.jar

and replace your existing copy in the directory where IDV
is installed.

Don