Re: CatalogRefs

Hi Carl,

Carl Wolfteich wrote:
Thanks for your reply and suggestions. Although I have automated scripts that have been generating the xml files containing the granules, I have been putting in the relevant metadata by hand at the front end of the datasets so they are inherited down to the granule level. One question, using datasetScan. It seems this can only be used if I am generating catalogs for datasets that exist on the same computer that I am working on. Is this true? So, I cannot use DatasetScan to generate granules for a dataset that resides at JPL? I am assuming this because according to the documentation, its states that the service base URL must be an empty string ("").
Oh right. I forgot you were building these for remote data.

It is true. At this point, you can only use datasetScan to crawl datasets on local disk.

It is no longer required that the service base be an empty string. Can you point me to were you found that in the documentation? I'm not finding it in our current documentation and want to make sure we fix it. Thanks.

Sorry for the confusion.

Ethan

--
Ethan R. Davis                                Telephone: (303) 497-8155
Software Engineer                             Fax:       (303) 497-8690