Re: URL constructed by Netcdf Subset Server

Hi Rich,

A number of people have expressed interest in this.

First off, in case you haven't seen the spec, which might be helpful, it is located at

http://motherlode.ucar.edu:8080/thredds/docs/#NetcdfServer
http://motherlode.ucar.edu:8080/thredds/docs/NetcdfServer.html

I'm not sure how easy an intermediate step or writing the URL into the netCDF file would be. I'll leave that for John to ponder when he returns next week. To bad browsers don't display the URL, but I think when it is an unknown document type it just ships it off to the "Save to disk ..." UI without showing the URL.

In the mean time, if you use Firefox, you can install the LiveHTTPHeaders extension and see the requested URL as well as all the request and response HTTP headers. Perhaps overkill for this issue but that is the best I have come up with so far. If you use a different browser, sorry, I don't know if there is anything similar.

Let me know if this works for you. If not, I can capture a few constructed URLs for you.

Ethan

Rich Signell wrote:

I think the THREDDS NetCDF Grid Subset Server form is very cool.

I was hoping to use the form to create the rather complicated URL, and
then use that as a template for a script that just changes the date.
But I couldn't figure out how to get the URL.

It would be great if the URL that gets constructed after filling out
the form was shown to the user in some way, either as an intermediate
step in the extraction process or perhaps written into the history
attribute of the netcdf file that is generated if that is possible.

Or if there is already a way to get it, please let me know!

Thanks,
Rich

--
Ethan R. Davis                                Telephone: (303) 497-8155
Software Engineer                             Fax:       (303) 497-8690