RE: Question about CDM

WCS 1.1 does not yet support other than regular grids, though note there
is now a change proposal in (OGC document 06-160) to get irregular grids
(ISO 19123 CV_ReferenceableGrid in ISO-speak) into GML which should
help.

In my view it is crucial that conceptual models for grids remain unified
between GML, WCS, and ISO 19123.