[THREDDS #GJH-604074]: Error encountered when trying to retrieve netcdf file using WCS URI in "ToolsUI Viewer" panel

Hi Leakha,

There is no WCS client functionality in the ToolsUI. The ToolsUI can read
netCDF files in a number of ways: 1) as a local file; 2) over HTTP  with byte
range requests; 3) using the OPeNDAP protocol. You could use WCS requests in a
browser to download the file to disk and then point ToolsUI at the local file.
But it does not know how to deal with a full netCDF file coming at it as an
HTTP response.

Ethan

> I'm using a WCS request
> "http://chevrolet-bt.act.cmis.csiro.au:8080/thredds/wcs/rad/2006/2006010
> 1_rad_b0702.nc?SERVICE=WCS&VERSION=1.0.0&REQUEST=GetCoverage&COVERAGE=ra
> d&FORMAT=NetCDF3&;
> <http://chevrolet-bt.act.cmis.csiro.au:8080/thredds/wcs/rad/2006/2006010
> 1_rad_b0702.nc?SERVICE=WCS&VERSION=1.0.0&REQUEST=GetCoverage&COVERAGE=ra
> d&FORMAT=NetCDF3&;?request=GetCapabilities&version=1.0.0&service=WCS> "
> to get a netcdf file through the 'Viewer' panel in ToolsUI.  I place the
> url in the "dataset" prompt and hit <enter>.
>

> However an error message is displayed on the Java console (see below) .
> From the message it seems to consider this URL a dods url
>

> "=======error message===="
>
> DConnect to =
> <http://chevrolet-bt.act.cmis.csiro.au:8080/thredds/wcs/rad/2006/2006010
> 1_rad_b0702.nc?SERVICE=WCS&VERSION=1.0.0&REQUEST=GetCoverage&COVERAGE=ra
> d&FORMAT=NetCDF3&;>
>
> Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" opendap.dap.parser.TokenMgrError:
> Lexical error at line 1, column 1.  Encountered: "<" (60), after : ""

> Could you please advise how I could get a dataset using a WCS request in
> the "viewer" panel or via alternative functionality in the ToolsUI.
>

> Thank you.
>

> Regards
>
> Leakha Henry

Ticket ID: GJH-604074