20080630: THREDDS usage policy

Hi Jerry,

Sorry for the tardy reply...

re:
>I had a basic question about THREDDS.  Must all data that a site
>provides using THREDDS be free to the end user?

No.

>We have some datasets that are restricted, or that require a fee, in
>addition to datasets that we provide free.

You are not the only group interested in using THREDDS for datasets
that have restricted access/use.

>Can a site use THREDDS to supply some data at a fee?

Yes.

Now, the next question is whether THREDDS currently provides the access
restriction mechanisms that you need.  This is an active area of
investigation/development between the Unidata THREDDS developers and
the CDP (Community Data Portal) people in NCAR/CISL.

>Thanks,

No worries.  Again, I apologize for not getting you an answer to
this sooner.

Cheers,

Tom Yoksas