[THREDDS #YWL-276594]: ThreDDS installation

Hi Jun Chen,

> I am a newbie on ThreDDS server installation, I have Tomcat6
> running on my Fedora 10 server, and ThreDDS also successfully
> deployed, and there is the URL:
>
> http://hp1.baaqmd.gov:8080/thredds/catalog.html
>
> My question is that, do I need to also install OPeNDAP/DODS?

The THREDDS server includes an OPeNDAP server. So you should be set. You just
have to configure your catalogs to include the OPeNDAP service. Basically,
making sure your catalogs include the following service:

<service name="odap" serviceType="OPENDAP" base="/thredds/dodsC/" />

(The service name can be changed but the serviceType and base must be as above.)

And then making sure the datasets you want to serve with OPeNDAP reference this
service. Something like:

<dataset name="TDS Tutorial: example data 1" urlPath="test/example1.nc" >
  <serviceName>odap</serviceName>
</dataset>

More detail is available from the TDS Tutorial:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/projects/THREDDS/tech/tutorial/schedule.html

In particular, the following pages go into more details:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/projects/THREDDS/tech/tutorial/BasicConfig.html
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/projects/THREDDS/tech/tutorial/ConfigCatalogs.html

Hope that helps,

Ethan