Re: IOOS test data set goes away?

Steve,

We had a problem where periodically we would show up in the morning to
find that our bathy_catalog.xml would only have 1 entry instead of the
30 or so that it should have.   And restarting tomcat fixed the
problem.   Eventually we discovered that by blocking web crawlers our
problem went away, and the reason speculated by our sys admin was that
the crawlers were gobbling up all the tomcat memory.

So yes, we've seen problems where only one THREDDS catalog seems to be
affected, perhaps by memory issues, and restarting Tomcat helps.

Perhaps your attempt to aggregate 3 years of forecast data into the
FMRC aggregation is blowing things out?

I think we need a tutorial (webinar?) on caching, aggregation and memory...

-Rich

--
Dr. Richard P. Signell   (508) 457-2229
USGS, 384 Woods Hole Rd.