[THREDDS #CZR-333353]: running multiple TDS' under same tomcat

Hi Kevin,

It isn't clear to me from the error messages what the problem is when you run
two TDS on the same Tomcat instance. We have not introduced a new way to
accomplish this. I will dig into it and see what I can figure out. I'll get
back to you soon.

Ethan

> In the past, using v3.x of TDS, I have been able to run multiple
> instances of THREDDS under the same tomcat by modifying the
> WEB-INF/web.xml files to change the name of the context, as such:
>
> <context-param>
> <param-name>ContextPath</param-name>
> <param-value>/thredds2/</param-value>
> </context-param>
>

> This would then create a
> content/thredds2
>
> directory which the catalog would live in, etc.
>
> However, using v4.1 I find this simple change no longer works.  After
> making the above change, I receive an error in the tomcat log files that
> simply says:
>
> INFO: Deploying web application archive thredds2.war
> (org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.sax).
> TdsConfigContextListener.contextInitialized(): start.
> Jan 7, 2010 12:50:03 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext start
> *SEVERE: Error listenerStart*
> Jan 7, 2010 12:50:03 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext start
> SEVERE: Context [/thredds2] startup failed due to previous errors
>
> I'm using tomcat 5.5.x and java 1.6.  TDS v4.1  runs fine under the
> "thredds" context, by the way.
>
> Did THREDDS v4.1 introduce another way to accomplish running multiple
> instances under the same tomcat?
>
> thanks
> Kevin
>
> --
> Kevin O'Brien                   UW/JISAO
> Research Scientist              NOAA/PMEL/TMAP

Ticket ID: CZR-333353
Department: Support THREDDS