[THREDDS #ZTB-960075]: Thredds + Apache + SSL

Hi Hank,

When you say "proxy", do you mean a server of some kind receiving HTTPS
requests and forwarding them on to the TDS as HTTP requests? Or do you just
want all HTTP requests that come into the TDS to then get redirected to HTTPS
and have the TDS respond to those HTTPS requests?

I'm guessing the latter which should be possible with some changes to the TDS
web.xml file and maybe to the Tomcat configuration.

What is your current setup and what configuration have you changed?

Ethan

> Due to firewall restrictions at the site I am installing
> thredds on I would like to proxy thredds requests through an
> https server.  I was able to accomplish the proxy requests via
> http and port 80 but once I enabled SSL and 443 I get the following
> error message.
>
> Error: Could not load url: https://<site>:443/thredds/catalog.xml
>
> Can I do this?  I don't need to authenticate anyone just
> enable all traffic via SSL.
>
> Hank
>
> --
> Hank Fisher         Research Applications Laboratory
> 303-497-2817        National Center for Atmospheric Research
> address@hidden    P.O. Box 3000, Boulder CO 80307-3000

Ticket ID: ZTB-960075
Department: Support THREDDS