[THREDDS #ZTB-960075]: Thredds + Apache + SSL

Hi John,

John Caron wrote:
> It appears that a browser request also fails, implying that the
> problem is on the server. Can anyone else confirm that? Im at
> the airport over a flaky wireless proxy.

No, once I accepted their self-signed certificate, I have no problem accessing
their server from my browser. Both catalog:

https://dpg-ingest.dpg.army.mil/thredds/catalog.xml

and datasets, e.g.:

https://dpg-ingest.dpg.army.mil/thredds/dodsC/nam/20100310_1800_mesoEta_212_33.grib.dds

In ToolsUI, I couldn't get to either. I think because the Jakarta Commons
HttpClient isn't dealing with certificates or self-signed certificates. When it
gets to executeMethod() it goes off and returns with a Connection Failed
exception with a timeout message.

Ethan

Ticket ID: ZTB-960075
Department: Support netCDF Java