Re: THREDDS Server

Hi John & Rich:

Thanks for the suggestions; we've just incorporated Rich's suggestion (increase the max number of files) and also will try upping the cache limit (which was admittedly low). I'll let you know if we get another appearance of the "too many open files" error.

Jim

John Caron wrote:
To clarify somewhat:

Aggregations only open one file at a time, and then close it., so this wont cause "too many file" problems.

If you have "too many open files" errors, then either theres a file leak (which we would like to know about), or you have your file cache limit set too high relative to your OS file handle limit.

There is currently no per-client resource throttle, unfortunately, but we are aware of the eventual need for that. Any given request is single-threaded, so cant hog too many resources. One can limit the size of opendap responses, which tends to be the main problem on our server anyway.

John