[THREDDS #XIM-229931]: error 500 for WMS service in THREDDS

Hi Frederic,

Very interesting. I'm glad you got it working. Let us know if you investigate
further and find out anything interesting.

Something we've run into in the past is deploying a new version over an old
version without first undeploying the old version. I tend to use the Tomcat
manager to deploy and if you don't undeploy first the new war is unpacked over
the top of the old content in ${TOMCAT_HOME}/webapps/thredds. The undeploy
removes the entire thredds/ directory so you get a clean install. We now make
sure to undeploy first because of occasions when we saw strange, hard to trace
class/version collisions when we didn't undeploy first.

Cheers,

Ethan

> Hi Ethan,
> What seems to be strange is that the dataset comes from
> http://motherlode.ucar.edu:8080/thredds/catalog/Unidata/rtmodel/nmm/files/catalog.html,
> where there is no problem for the same dataset. The file I have
> downloaded is not corrupted, I can read from it in ToolsUI.
> I have tried to install the TDS in a new (and a a consequence clear)
> Tomcat instance (the same version number) and (surprise !) everything
> works perfectly ! At first I suspected a conflict with another webapp
> that uses GeoTools too but both webapps run without any error in the new
> Tomcat. So I guess there were some problem with one or more GeoTools
> jars in the first Tomcat instance (I have not had enough time to
> investigate further by now).
> Thank you for your help.
> Best regards,
>
> Frederic BACHEVILLER