[THREDDS #ETP-299538]: LDAP autentication to restrict acces data

Hi Kristian,

We have always used the UserDatabaseRealm (tomcat-users.xml) for our user/role
database but I believe everything else in the "Restricting Access to Datasets
in the TDS" page should apply for an LDAP based authentication realm. You
should not have to add a CAS layer into the mix.

You will have to make sure you have the correct role names in your LDAP setup
and follow the rest of the directions on the "Restricting Access to Datasets in
the TDS" page.

Ethan

> I am Kristian Sebastian from SOCIB. We want to restrict access data on
> thredds and We have tomcat configured with LDAP authentication for tomcat
> manager. My question is, Is it possible to use LDAP autentication to
> restrict thredds access data?
>
> I have began to read the reference "Restricting Access to Datasets in the
> TDS" and it says nothing about that, but
> CAS<https://wiki.jasig.org/display/UPM32/Configuring+the+Bundled+CAS+Server+to+Authenticate+Against+LDAP>
> server
> can use LDAP data source to authenticate. Is this the solution? (Install CAS
> server an use LDAP data source to authenticate)
>
> Thanks.
>
> --
>
> Kristian Sebastián Blalid
> Tlf: 971439860
> Coastal Ocean Observing and Forecast System, Balearic Islands ICTS
> Parc Bit, Naorte, Bloc A 2ºplanta, puerta 3
> 07121 Palma (Mallorca)
> NIF: Q0700535H

Ticket ID: ETP-299538
Department: Support THREDDS