[Staging #RKV-502450]: Port Isabel and South Padre Island Data

Hi Cimagaroon,

This is not a data server we manage. I am also not familiar with this dataset
or the convention in which the data is stored. I did successfully retrieve some
data for one of the stations you listed. But it took a few "no data found for
your request" attempts before I got data. Also, one of the stations you gave
("8779750") was not listed on the station list given in the attributes for the
_STATION_ID variable.

There is contact information given in the global attributes section of the data
access page you are accessing:

Owner: "Web site owner: Center for Operational Oceanographic Products and
Services (CO-OPS)"
Privacy_Policy: "For the Privacy Policy please visit
http://tidesandcurrents.noaa.gov/privacy.html";
title: "CO-OPS Six Minute verified Water Level Data"
host: "http://opendap.co-ops.nos.noaa.gov/dods/";
contact: "address@hidden"
REQUIRED_Fields: " _STATION_ID, _DATUM, _BEGIN_DATE and _END_DATE "

They will be better able to advise you on how to access this dataset and may
have suggestions on an OPeNDAP client that understands the conventions in which
this data is stored.

Good luck,

Ethan

PS This was the URL that resulted from my successful request on the forms page:

http://opendap.co-ops.nos.noaa.gov/dods/IOOS/SixMin_Verified_Water_Level.ascii?WATERLEVEL_6MIN_VFD_PX._STATION_ID,WATERLEVEL_6MIN_VFD_PX._DATUM,WATERLEVEL_6MIN_VFD_PX._BEGIN_DATE,WATERLEVEL_6MIN_VFD_PX._END_DATE,WATERLEVEL_6MIN_VFD_PX.DATE_TIME,WATERLEVEL_6MIN_VFD_PX.WL_VALUE,WATERLEVEL_6MIN_VFD_PX.SIGMA&WATERLEVEL_6MIN_VFD_PX._STATION_ID=%228779770%22&WATERLEVEL_6MIN_VFD_PX._DATUM=%22MSL%22&WATERLEVEL_6MIN_VFD_PX._BEGIN_DATE=%2220061001%22&WATERLEVEL_6MIN_VFD_PX._END_DATE=%2220061030%22

> re:
> > This is the site I was searching:
> >
> > http://opendap.co-ops.nos.noaa.gov/dods/IOOS/SixMin_Verified_Water_Level.html
> >
> > Again,
> >
> > I just need the data from those stations, If you know a better
> > way to acquire the information please let me know.
[snip]
> > > I can't seem to get the DODS data access form to generate data for Port
> > > Isabel (8779770) or South Padre (8779750) stations.  I would like to
> > > get mean daily sea levels for the those stations from when they first
> > > started taking readings until now.  I am trying to develop a sea level
> > > rise model for a project in the area.

Ticket ID: RKV-502450
Department: Support THREDDS