[THREDDS #EHV-218770]: Adding dimension

Hi Alex,

You should be able to add a dimension and variable to your dataset. However,
you cannot then add that new dimension to any existing variable. Basically, you
can't change the shape of an existing variable.

Take a look at the catalogInit.log file in content/thredds. If the TDS is
having trouble with your catalogs, any warning or error messages will be in
there.

If that doesn't help, send in the CDL of what you have and the CDL of what you
are trying to get and we can see what we can figure out from there.

Ethan

Alex Jaramillo wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have a question regarding NcML and THREDDS. I've seen that using NcML
> is possible to add variables and even modify the "clients" view of a
> NetCDF file and I was wondering if it is possible to add dimensions to
> a NetCDF aggregation using NcML.
>
> My particular case is an aggregation of observational data in
> THREDDS, these files are aggregated on time and work fine, but I'd
> like to add "elevation", "latitude", and "longitude" dimensions. The
> resulting aggregation has one dimension "time" and "water_salinity",
> "water_temperature" variables.
>
> The following is the catalog I'm using:
>
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
> <catalog name="THREDDS Server Default Catalog : You must change this to fit
> your server!"
>     xmlns="http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/namespaces/thredds/InvCatalog/v1.0";
>     xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink";>
>   <service name="ncdods" serviceType="OpenDAP" base="/thredds/dodsC/" />
>
> <dataset name="Astoria Meglar Bridge South Channel (ODOT pier 169)"
> ID="am169" urlPath="am169_aggregation.nc">
>   <serviceName>ncdods</serviceName>
>   <netcdf xmlns="http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/namespaces/netcdf/ncml-2.2";>
>
>     <!-- Non working part
>     <dimension name="lon" length="1"/>
>     <variable name="lon" shape="lon" type="double">
>       <values>46.5</values>
>     </variable> -->
>
>     <aggregation dimName="time" type="joinExisting" >
>       <scan
> location="/home/workspace/ccalmr/data/nc/PD0/stations/am169/am169.1100.A.CTD/"
>             dateFormatMark="#yyyyMM" suffix=".nc" />
>     </aggregation>
>
>     <remove name="water_electrical_conductivity" type="variable" />
>     <remove name="water_pressure" type="variable" />
>     <remove name="elevation" type="variable" />
>   </netcdf>
> </dataset>
>
> </catalog>

Ticket ID: EHV-218770