[netCDFJava #GZZ-406283]: variable length array

> Full Name: Gael Quemener
> Email Address: address@hidden
> Package Version:
> Operating System:
> Hardware:
> Description of problem: Hello,
>
> Do you know how to write a variable length array in Java?
>
> In C language I use nc_def_vlen, but I cannot find the equivalent in Java
>
> Thanks
>
> Gael

Hi Gael,

It looks like you're trying to write a netcdf file in java; var length arrays
are only supported in netcdf-4, which we do not yet support writing.  If you
are asking in general how to write a variable length array in Java, you are
probably looking for the class ArrayList in java.util.

Regards,
  Lansing Madry
  Unidata
  Boulder, Colorado