[THREDDS #EFD-558110]: HDF5 (nested variable name) + NCML

Hi Abdelrezzak,

You are correct, there is no implementation of what you are describing at this
time.  It may become a feature in the future if enough community members would
like to see it.

Regards,
  Lansing

> Hi Lansing,
>
>  I believe also that the variables can only be renamed inside the group with
> NCML. It works when i rename the variable temperature to temp, but i think
> that there is no solution for the translation the name
> /HDFEOS/GRIDS/GeoGrid/Data_Fields/temperature to
> HDFEOS_GRIDS_GeoGrid_Data_Fields_temperature using the ncml language in TDS
> sever.
>

>  > Is it possible for the original files to be generated in a manner that
> respects the CF convention?
>   My objective is to translate the hdf5 files into the netcdf file using The
> TDS server automatically, and then the use the ncml description to modify the
> generated netCDF file respecting the CF conventions.
>
> Note :  I think that there is a bug in the parsing of <values> elements in
> the ncml description . I you send the trace in another mail.
>
> Abdelrezzak BARA.

-Lansing Madry
  Unidata
  Boulder, Colorado