Re: Thredds - Grib2 Collection Indexing as Independent Task

Hi Tim:

Once the indexes are (correctly) written for the individual files, they dont have to be rewritten again.

However, for a changing dataset, you have to update the master indexes as often as you want the changes to be incorporated. This process is reletively fast, though for 30K files its non trivial. We are still working on ways to make this as fast as possible. Its likely you only want to update once a day or week, and do it at 2 am or something.

How often is this data changing?