[THREDDS #DLY-194136]: Account for Installing TDS

Hello Arturo!

I remember you from the workshop, and I'm glad you are going to get your LDM
and TDS up and running!

To answer your question, you will want both a Tomcat user and an LDM user.
Later on, you will want to run the Thredds Data Monitor (TDM) as the LDM user,
as the TDM will need write permission into the same directories as the LDM.

Let me know if you run into difficulty, and I will help you as I can.

Regards,
  Lansing Madry
  Unidata
  Boulder, Colorado

> [cid:tamiu-banner.jpg@85767b2b88f245268d750aa769421eb6]
>

> Good afternoon,
>
> I am currently planning deployment of a LDM and TDS server for our department
> at Texas A&M International University. I attended the recent training in
> Boulder and I am currently practicing installation on a test machine. I have
> a question about the accound needed to install Tomcat to deploy the TDS. Can
> this be done with the same account for the real deployment in which LDM is
> installed?
>
> Thank you very much in advance.
>

> P       Please consider the environment before printing this email.
> ________________________________
> [cid:poweredbytamiu.png@7dda2448ec9c4f8da35ca7d0bdeb5a72]
>
> Arturo  Diaz, Jr.
> Programmer I (CEES)
> Biology and Chemistry
> LBVSC 346
> 5201 University Blvd.
> Laredo, TX 78041
> Tel. (956) 326-2415
> Fax (956) 326-3125

> As pursuant to Texas A&M International University rule 33.04.99.L2 concerning
> the Use and Disposition of Electronic Communications, this email is a
> mechanism for official communication of the University. Electronic mail
> (e-mail) should be used only for legitimate academic or state business.
> Official email communications are intended only to meet the academic and
> administrative needs of the campus community.

Ticket ID: DLY-194136
Department: Support THREDDS