[THREDDS #QGA-850320]: Question Regarding Data Access

Hi Ari,

As Lansing mentions, tds.ucar.edu is not a server that Unidata manages. I
believe it is managed by the ESG group here at NCAR. I'm not sure who to
contact for support regarding that server but you might try this ESG page

http://www.earthsystemgrid.org/

There is a "Create Account" link in the quick links section on the right side
of that page. Also, there is a "Contact Us" link at both the top and the bottom
of that page.

Hope that helps,

Ethan

Ari Stern wrote:
> Hi Ari,
>
> I'm sorry you are having trouble downloading the data you need.
> However, I'm not familiar with a server at tds.ucar.edu - it's not
> one of ours (Unidata, that is).  Did you mean thredds.ucar.edu?  That
> would make more sense, and is a Unidata maintained TDS.  However, the
> Thredds Data Servers maintained by Unidata do not require login
> credentials, though it is quite possible that other organizations do.
> If you know the hosting organization and have contact information for
> them, you'll need to contact them directly to find out what happened
> to their server.
>
> Regards,
> Lansing Madry
> Unidata
> Boulder, Colorado
>
> > Hello,
> > My name is Ari Stern. I am a researcher at Boston University in the
> > Department of Earth and Environment. I have been using data from the CCSM4
> > model for the past two months and have periodically accessed and downloaded
> > NC files through the PCMDI ESGF portal which I believe was using the
> > THREDDS server.
> >
> > Now when I try to downloads files from the CCSM4 model, it asks for log in
> > information (username and password) to access tds.ucar.edu:80. I made an
> > account with Unidata, but that log in info is not what is required. I also
> > saw something about the server moving. Is the link on the ESGF portal now
> > just outdated?
> > Thanks,
> > Ari Stern

Ticket ID: QGA-850320