[THREDDS #LMM-485720]: PROBLEMS INSTALL THREDDS CENTOS 6.5 ..

Hello Giovanni,

I have a few questions and a suggestion regarding your query.

1) Is the error message you report ("FAIL - Application at context path
/thredds4.2 could not be started by tomcat version 6") showing up in
catalina.out, or somewhere else?
2) Where is the webapp installed?  The error message would suggest something
outside of the tomcat-home/webapps directory.
3) Do you know which user owns the directory in question, i.e., root, tomcat
user, or you?
4) If you have renamed the thredds.war file to thredds4.2, did you also adjust
the web.xml file in parallel?  Here is documentation on the matter:

https://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/thredds/current/tds/tds4.3/reference/TomcatBehindProxyServer.html

Finally, I'll note that the Centos 6.3-6.5 upgrade would be incremental, and
unlikely to cause a new problem or configuration issue.  However, you might
look into using Tomcat 7 instead of Tomcat 6.

Regards,
  Lansing Madry
  Unidata
  Boulder, Colorado