[THREDDS #EWU-865844]: Bug report: TDS "joinExisting" aggregates files that (I think) shouldn't be aggregated

Bob,

My apologies for taking so long to respond to your report.

I agree that this should issue an error, but given that the logic behind the
aggregations isn't particularly sophisticated, I'm not surprised there's not.

I've opened a ticket on this: https://github.com/Unidata/thredds/issues/168

I'm curious if the FMRC support could be used in this case to handle combining
the files, but I haven't had time to test this yet.

Thanks for taking the time to report this.

Ryan

> If TDS is asked to "joinExisting" aggregate 2 .nc files that are identical
> (e.g., same dimension and variable names),
> except that one has twice as many lat and lon values (2x the resolution)
> and thus 4x as many data values, TDS will aggregate the files (as far as I
> know, without throwing an error message) and present the dataset to users.

Ticket ID: EWU-865844
Department: Support THREDDS