[THREDDS #RQB-337270]: TDS 5.4 - Godiva3 custom palettes location is not picking up new hex palettes

Greetings,

Do you have any warnings/errors in the serverStartup.log? It could be either
that the TDS cannot find your palette directory or that the palette file cannot
be parsed.

We have tried to improve our documentation about this recently, so maybe its
helpful to look here:
https://docs.unidata.ucar.edu/tds/5.5/userguide/tds_config_ref.html#wms-service.
 There's a link to the default palette files and a tool to convert palettes
from the version used in TDS 4.x.

Please note that <paletteLocationDir> should be an absolute path. Or else you
can leave out the <paletteLocationDir> and the default of
${tds.content.root.path}/thredds/wmsPalettes will be used.

I hope that helps! If not, we are happy to have a further look at your issue--
then please send your serverStartup.log, threddsConfig.xml, wmsConfig.xml and
the palette file you are trying to add.

Best,
Tara

Hi,

I am updating Godiva3 palettes to newer hex format supported by TDS 5.4 on our
new thredds server. I have managed to update to the default palettes that comes
with TDS 5.4 by updating the palette names in wmsConfig.xml, which fixed most
of the Godiva3 issues. However, custom palette on Godiva are not being picked
up. We kept the custom palettes location as 'palettes' in <paletteLocationDir>.
Though I have updated the palette file to newer hex format but it is still not
being picked up by the Godiva 3.

Can you please suggest what I am doing wrong here?

Ticket ID: RQB-337270
Department: Support THREDDS
NOTE: All email exchanges with NSF Unidata User Support are recorded in the
Unidata inquiry tracking system and then made publicly available through the
web.  If you do not want to have your interactions made available in this way,
you must let us know in each email you send to us.