Re: 20000601: UDUNITS installation problem under OSF/1

Dear Hiroyuki Tomita,

In the above message, you wrote:

> A.  The standard output of the command "uname -a".
>
> OSF1 earth.oi.u-tokai.ac.jp V4.0 1229 alpha

I just built the UDUNITS package on an OSF/1 V4.0 system.  I used the
following environment variable settings before executing the "configure"
script:

    CC=/usr/bin/cc
    LD_MATH=-lm
    PERL=

> F.  The file "make.log".
> making `all' in directory /udunits-1.11.7/src/udunits
>
> cc -c -O -I../lib -I../port/misc  udunits.c
> cc -o udunits -O udunits.o -L/udunits-1.11.7/src/lib -ludunits -L/udunits-1.
> 11.7/src/port/misc -ludport -ly
> *** Exit 1*** Exit 1*** Exit 1

There should have been an error message associated with the last
executed command above (other than the "*** Exit 1..." messages).  There
appears to be something wrong with your development environment.  I
suggest that you tell your system administrator.

Perhaps the environment variables settings above will fix your problem.
Try the following:

    1.  Go to the top-level source directory.

    2.  Perform steps 3 through 5 near the end of the INSTALL file.

    3.  Ensure that the above environment variable settings are used.

    4.  Perform steps 6 through 9 near the end of the INSTALL file.

Please let me know if this helps.

Regards,