20010329: UDUNITS build on SunOS 5.7/SPARC system

Dear Dr. Kniveton,

Would you please try the following:

    1.  Go to the top-level source directory of the UDUNITS package.

    2.  Perform steps 3 through 5 near the end of the file INSTALL.  For
        a SunOS 5.7/SPARC system, I suggest the following setting for
        the CC environment variable:

            CC=/opt/SUNWspro/bin/cc

        If you don't have the above compiler, then you should still
        set CC to the absolute pathname of a Standard C compiler.  The
        compiler you were using (/usr/ucb/cc) is not a Standard C
        compiler and shouldn't be used.

    3.  Perform steps 6 through 9 near the end of the INSTALL file.

Please let me know if this helps.

Incidentally, not all user mail agents can handle BASE-64 encoded
attachments (mine can't -- so I was unable to read your "config.log"
file).  I suggest including such files as plain text in the future.

Regards,