20021010: building UDUNITS: omitting the perl interface

Nguyen Dang Quang,

>Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2002 21:57:30 +0200 (MET DST)
>From: "Nguyen Dang Quang" <address@hidden>
>To: address@hidden
>Subject: Re: 20021010: building UDUNITS: can't install perl interface

> I dont need use the Perl interface.
> How can I build the package without the perl interface?
> Plz Show me.
> Thanks for Your Quick Helps.

The perl interface will be omitted if the environment variable PERL is
the empty string when the configure script is executed.

Please try this:

    1.  Go to the top-level source directory.

    2.  Perform steps 3 through 5 described near the end of the file
        INSTALL (just like you did before).

    3.  Ensure that the environment variable PERL is the empty string,
        e.g.

            setenv PERL ''

    4.  Perform steps 6 through 9 described near the end of the file
        INSTALL (just like you did before).

This should build and install a UDUNITS package that doesn't have a perl
interface.

Regards,