20021220: Regarding 64 bit compiler and UDUNITS

Anuradha,

>Date: Sat, 21 Dec 2002 09:14:41 +0800
>From: "Anuradha" <address@hidden>
>To: "Steve Emmerson" <address@hidden>
>Subject: RE: 20021220: Regarding 64 bit compiler and UDUNITS

> I am using the udunits package on solaris8.
>
> I use the following options for compilation:
> f77 -fast -fsimple=0 -xarch=v9
>
> and use -ludunits in the end..but it gives the error:
> file /t3/people/anu/udunits-1.11.7/lib/libudunits.a(utlib.o): wrong ELF
> class: ELFCLASS32
>
> Anu suggestions so as to what i should be doing????
>
> Thanks and regards
> Anu

It appears that your C compiler and your Fortran-77 compiler are
generating incompatible object files. This could be due to the
"-xarch=v9" option of the f77 compiler. If you didn't use this option
with the C compiler, then the above could result.

In order to help me diabnose the problem, please do the following:

    1.  Go to the top-level source directory.

    2.  Perform steps 3 through 5 described near the end of the file
        INSTALL.

    3.  Ensure that the option "-xarch=v9" is in both the environment
        variables CFLAGS and FFLAGS.

    4.  Perform steps 6 through 9 described near the end of the file
        INSTALL.

Regards,