20030513: including udunits.inc in Fortran90 routine

Bill,

>Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 15:46:27 -0700
>From: Bill Riley <address@hidden>
>To: address@hidden
>Subject: udunits

> I'm trying to use udunits to extract times from a NCAR netcdf file. They
> give the time in hours since 1/1/0000. I downloaded the udunits-1.11.7
> file, uncompressed it, and installed it. It seems that everything
> installed fine.
>
> But, I'm trying to use the 'utcaltime' function, but when I try to
> include udunits.inc in my subroutine it won't compile because the
> routine is in fortran90. Is there a way I can use this library with f90
> (portland group compiler)? Thanks.

I take it that the Fortran compiler chokes on the "#include udunits.inc"
because the includee is Fortran-77 and the includer is Fortran-90.

I suggest that you NOT include "udunits.inc" and, instead, manually
declare an appropriate type for the utcaltime() routine (and any other
UDUNITS routines that you use).

Regards,
Steve Emmerson