20030826: Problem with UNDUNITS

Adam,

>Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2004 12:42:14 -0700
>From: Adam Wilhite <address@hidden>
>To: Steve Emmerson <address@hidden>
>Subject: Re: 20030825: Probelm with undunits

>     Now when I try to make it gives me:
> No targets specified and no makefile found.
>
> I have attached my new configure.log

> checking how to run the C preprocessor... /lib/cpp
> checking the C preprocessor... configure: warning: C preprocessor,
> `/lib/cpp', doesn't work

The above indicates that the C preprocessor (/lib/cpp) doesn't work.  The
file "config.log" in the top-level source directory should say why.
Would you please send me that file.

> checking for C math library...
> checking for (void)sin(0.0) in default library(s)... no
> checking for (void)sin(0.0) in -lm... no

The above indicates that the configure script could not find the
Standard C math functions.  These functions are used by the UDUNITS
package and their absence means that the package can't be built.  You
can look for these functions using the nm(1) and grep(1) utilities.

The above errors likely mean that your C installation is bad.  I suggest
that you show these errors to your system administrator.  If you do not
have a system administrator, I might be able to talk you through the
diagnosis.

Regards,
Steve Emmerson