20030925: configure core dumps on IRIX 6.5

Michael,

>Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 14:26:54 -0600
>From: "Michael Page" <address@hidden>
>To: Steve Emmerson <address@hidden>
>Subject: Re: 20030925: configure core dumps on IRIX 6.5

> I am thinking that something in the environment is screwy
> too. I have already repeated the steps to rebuild, even to
> teh extent that I erase everything but the tar file, i log
> out & resume the configure .... no help.

Hmm...

> Is there anything else in the environment on either
> machine taht would be of interest?

That would cause a SIGSEGV when the configure script was run?  I can't
think of anything.

The configure script does make use of environment variables (including
PATH).  Can you clear almost all of them and try again?

If I could log onto the system in question I might be able to solve the
problem more quickly.

Regards,
Steve Emmerson