20050215: Building udunits on Altix IA64 using icc(1): <limits.h>

Cliff,

>Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 12:29:29 -0500 (EST)
>From: Cliff Liu <address@hidden>
>To: Steve Emmerson <address@hidden>
>Subject: Re: 20050215: Building udunits on Altix IA64 using icc(1): <limits.h>

> It still fails, so you think the problem is it's Intel's compilation
> environment.

Absolutely.

> I wasn't sure earlier because I thought icc works in general
> and it could be the incompatibility between udunits and Intel.  So I'll
> see what Intel says.

I'd be curious to hear how they might rationalize-away such behavior on
a UNIX system.

> BTW, I built udunits without Perl extention using gcc, otherwise it
> generates some error messages with "dynamic" in there.  Those error
> message looks completely foreign to me so I didn't do more to see
> what the problems could be.  Is without Perl extention going to affect
> the application (grads) or udunits in anyway?

The perl(1) extension-module depends-upon the UDUNITS(3) library, but the
reverse is not true.  So not building the extension-module won't affect
the library.

> Thanks,
>
> Cliff

Regards,