Re: udunits and Windows

David,

>Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2006 10:08:44 +1300
>From: David Rupp <address@hidden>
>To: Steve Emmerson <address@hidden>
>Subject: Re: udunits and Windows

> Thank you very much for your help.  I don't doubt that a windows
> developer can do this faster than I!  However, I'd learn something if I
> struggled through it myself.

That's the spirit!  :-)

> I have gone through your first step and attempted to compile utparse.c,
> utscan.c, and udalloc.c.  I get one error and that is because these
> files reference "udposix.h" that is not present in the
> udunits-1.12.4.zip file, though there is a file called "udposix.h.in".
> Is this the same file?

The file "src/port/misc/udposix.h.in" is the precursor to
"src/port/misc/udposix.h".  It's converted into the latter by the
configure(1) script (which you can't run on a Windows system).  The
configure(1) script changes the file, as necessary, according to the
peculiarities of the programming enviroment.

I suggest that you copy "udposix.h.in" to "udposix.h" (in the same
directory).  Modify it as necessary (you might try doing nothing,
initially).

Then, return to the "src/lib" directory of UDUNITS and try (re)compiling
those files.

Please keep me apprised.

Regards,
Steve Emmerson