[UDUNITS #JHV-554487]: regarding udunits instation problems

Sahkiul,

> I am very new to instalat softwares.  I am trying to install
> "udunits" to use gribtonc utility.
> It is giving errors. Steps followed:
>
> export CC=gcc
> export CPPFLAGS=-D_POSIX_SOURCE
>
> 1. $./configure >& out-configure-script
> 2. make >& make-out
>
> My linux machine is:
> $uname -a
> Linux meleck-lx 2.6.8-9-amd64-k8 #1 Wed Dec 8 13:26:29 UTC 2004 x86_64
> GNU/Linux
>
> Kindly help me to solve this problem.
>
> Thanking you,
>
> Sahidul

The problem is that the C compiler doesn't know what calling-conventions
to use to build the Fortran API.  You tell the C compiler what
conventions to use by defining a macro in the CPPFLAGS environment
variable before running the configure(1) script.

Please try the following:

    1.  Go to the top-level source-directory.

    2.  Execute the command "make distclean".

    3.  Assuming that you don't care about the Fortran API, then add
        a definition for the C macro "f2cFortran" to the CPPFLAGS
        environment variable, e.g.,

            export CPPFLAGS=-Df2cFortran

        If you do care about the Fortran API, then examine the file
        INSTALL to discover what C macro to define.

    4.  I you don't need the perl(1) interface, then define the
        environment variable PERL to be the empty string, e.g.,

            export PERL=''

    5.  Execute the configure(1) script.

    6.  Execute the command "make".

    7.  Execute the command "make install".  You might have to do
        this as user "root" in order to install the perl interface
        if the environment variable PERL wasn't the empty string.

Regards,
Steve Emmerson

Ticket ID: JHV-554487
Department: Support UDUNITS