[UDUNITS #KSF-150633]: installing Unidata units library

Willshem,

> I have some problems installing the above mentioned package in the following
> environment. (I am trying to install the UDUNITs as a prerequisite for
> installing my NCO-(netcdf operators) package)
>
> 1. uname -a : Linux localhost.localdomain 2.6.9-5.ELsmp #1 SMP Wed Jan 5
> 19:29:47 EST 2005 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
>

> 2. The standard and error output of the configure script- attached as file:
> error-log1
>
> 3. config.log file -also attached
>
> 4. The standard and error output of the "make" command. -attached as fle :
> error-mk1
>
> 5. make install results are in attached file: -error-mkinstall

As far as I can tell from your log files, you successfully built and
installed the UDUNITS package.

> Questions
>
> There seems to be a problem with the perl option of the output, what is it?.

I didn't see a problem.

The UDUNITS package has an (option) perl extension module.
If you don't want this module, then you should define the
environment variable PERL to the empty string before
executing the "configure" script.

> Do you know whether a successfull build of the unidata units library is
> mandatory for installation of the nco (netcdf operators) package in my linux
> pc?

I don't know, but I would imagine so.

> What environment should I set to make the nco package include the UDUNITS in
> my nco configuration. There is a file called utInit which the nco
> configuration is unable to locate. Any suggestions/

I don't know.  I suggest that you ask the maintainers of
the "nco" package.

Regards,
Steve Emmerson

Ticket ID: KSF-150633